The 2017 EE online and manual reporting season opened on 1 September last year.
The Department of Labour on Monday implored employers to file 2017 employment equity reports before next week’s deadline.
“All employers will have until next Monday,15 January 2015, to file their employment equity (EE) online reports in line with legislation,” said acting departmental spokesperson, Mokgadi Pela.
The 2017 EE online and manual reporting season opened on 1 September last year. Pela said the manual reporting submissions closed at the beginning of October.
“The reporting season was preceded by a series of national road shows held by the Department of Labour’s EE Directorate, in which the Department sought to encourage and create awareness on compliance with the Employment Equity Act, publicise and help prepare the employers with the requirements needed to be used when submitting their online 2017 EE reports to the Department,” said Pela.
He said special emphasis was placed on publicising the Amended Code of Good Practice on the Preparation and Implementation of the EE plans, encouraging employers to submit EE reports online, publicising the 17th CEE Annual Report and the 2016 EE Public Register, and representing current CCMA cases on Employment Equity Act.
The Employment Act is aimed at promoting equal opportunity and fair treatment in employment through the elimination of unfair discrimination; and implementing affirmative action measures to redress the disadvantages in employment experienced by designated groups, to ensure their equitable representation in all occupational levels in the workforce.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/gwdhmoih/public_html/templates/gk_news2/html/com_k2/templates/default/item.php on line 176
- Anger over anti-Indian quotas for Durban's top jobs
- Businesses owe R22m for employment-equity penalties
- DoL ends EE roadshows by stressing the need for compliance with legislation.
- Department of Labour reminds employers and stakeholders about the looming dates of Employment Equity reporting
- Department of Labour refers six companies to Labour Court
Latest from Gary Watkins
- Covid-19 Occupational Health and Safety Measures in Workplaces Covid-19
- COVID-19 Guidelines for Cloth Face Masks
- Combined NCCC Proposal on Risk Adjusted Approach
- COVID-19 Consolidated Disaster Regulations
- COVID-19 Covid19 Temporary Employee I Employer Relief Scheme (C19 TERS) amended gazette complete