DEPARTMENT OF EMPLOYMENT AND LABOUR
No. R. (not provided yet)
COMPENSATION FOR OCCUPATIONAL INJURIES AND DISEASES ACT, 1993 (ACT NO 130 OF 1993)
NOTICE ON COMPENSATION FOR OCCUPATIONALLY-ACQUIRED NOVEL CORONA VIRUS DISEASE (COVID-19) UNDER COMPENSATION FOR OCCUPATIONAL INJURIES AND DISEASES ACT, 130 of 1993 AS AMENDED
- I, Vuyo Mafata, Compensation Commissioner, after consultation with the Compensation Executive Committee, hereby make the following notice in terms of Section 6A of the Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act, 1993 (Act No 130 of 1993) as The proposed notice is attached as Schedule A.
- The notice for compensation of occupationally-acquired novel Corona virus disease (Covid-19) comes into effect on the date of publication hereof and shall be implemented with immediate effect thereon.
- All employers and Medical Service Providers must follow the stipulated prescripts when submitting claims and supporting medical reports for Covid-19.
- 4. When submitting reports online through the CompEasy system or Mutual Association Claims systems, Medical Service Providers must use the emergency Covid-19 ICD-10 code: 1 as proposed by the World Health Organization (WHO).
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/gwdhmoih/public_html/templates/gk_news2/html/com_k2/templates/default/item.php on line 176
Latest from Gary Watkins
- RSM South Africa: Do you have a recovery plan?
- National Planning Commission on small business as spine of economic recovery and stimulation for post Coronavirus COVID-19 era
- Tourism Minister hosts a media briefing on Lockdown Alert Level 3
- Minister Mmamoloko Kubayi-Ngubane on Coronavirus COVID-19 alert level 3 tourism sector directions
- Consolidated COVID-19 Direction on Health and Safety in the Workplace Issued by the Minister in terms of Regulation 4(10) of the National Disaster Regulations