COVID-19 national lockdown notice to the restaurant industry
In his statement to the nation delivered on Monday, 23 March 2020, His Excellency the President Cyril Ramaphosa announced an escalation of measures to combat the global pandemic, COVID-19. The National Coronavirus Command Council has decided to enforce a nation-wide lockdown for 21 days with effect from midnight Thursday, 26 March 2020, until midnight Thursday, 16 April 2020.
In compliance with the nation-wide lockdown it should be noted that ALL restaurants, cafes, bars, coffee shops will be required to comply with the nation-wide lockdown for 21 days.
Such service providers have NOT been included on the list of what has been deemed essential services during the lockdown, will NOT be permitted to operate, and will thus need to be closed for the duration.
In addition, in compliance with the nation-wide lockdown ALL food delivery services will also need to be suspended for 21 days with effect from midnight Thursday, 26 March 2020 until midnight Thursday, 16 April 2020.
For clarity and assistance please contact the Department of Tourism Call Centre on 0860 868 747 or email
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/gwdhmoih/public_html/templates/gk_news2/html/com_k2/templates/default/item.php on line 176
Latest from Gary Watkins
- National and Regional Economically Active Population Profile QLFS Q3:2021
- National and Regional Economically Active Population Profile QLFS Q2:2021
- Consolidated Directions on Occupational Health and Safety Measures in certain workplaces as at 11 June 2021
- COVID19TERS Benefits as at 20 July 2021
- Adjusted Level 3 Lockdown - 25 July 2021