To ensure you have the latest version of the COVID19TERS UIF forms, please send a blank email to
The forms attached to this email are as at 10 April 2020 @ 16:00
C19 TERS: Temporary Employee / Employer Relief Scheme
Please note the following :
A :Process to follow when applying for Covid19ters
Key Documents required
⦁ Prescribed template that will require critical information from the employer – employees bank details needed here. Refer to section C for more clarity (attachment 1)
⦁ Employer or Bargaining council applying must complete this ( attachment 4 )
⦁ MOA (completion of the agreement between UIF, Bargaining Council and Employer) ; only applicable to employers that has more than 10 employees
⦁ Choose the MOA relating to your role in the process:
⦁ Employer (attachment 5)
⦁ Bargaining Council that can pay the benefits directly to employees (attachment 6)
⦁ Bargaining council that cannot pay employees directly (attachment 7)
⦁ Tourism or Mineral council (attachment 8)
⦁ Confirmation of bank account details for Covid19ters in the form latest bank confirmation letter (no need to certify)
⦁ Letter of Undertaking ( attachment 9 )
**All documents submitted will be subjected to verification.
Submit t all documents as required to UIF via dedicated mailbox
Total of 5 documents (exclude MOA if under 10 employees)
⦁ Fill company name on page 1
⦁ Initial each page
⦁ Sign in full at the end.
Our Covid19 system will attend to all application and thereafter send you a approval/rejection letter.
B: Additional Information
1. Minimum Wage - The Minimum wage that will be used to determine minimum payment to employees is R3500 Per Month
2. Opening of a special account is only applicable to Bargaining council as they represent multiple employers.
3. Payment can be made to either:
⦁ Bargaining Council /Council
4. Leave income = salary paid during lockdown/shutdown period if applicable. There could be R0 earned.
5. Termination date is the last remuneration date received by the employee for the shutdown. This could be either 26th March or 31st March.
C: Rules for completing prescribed template
Step -1 Prepare the list of all employees with all mandatory information using the file National Disaster Payment – Excel Template (Attachment 1)
Step -2 Use the “Guidelines – To Convert_ Excel_TO_CSV” document as required by UIF
Step -3 Refer attachment 3 to view sample of what we need as a final CSV file.
Step -4 Submit 5 files in total. (exclude MOA if under 10 employees)
Enquiries regarding process or clarification can be directed to 0800 030 007 or 012 337 1997
Unemployment Insurance Commissioner
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/gwdhmoih/public_html/templates/gk_news2/html/com_k2/templates/default/item.php on line 176
- 1 Copy of National_Disaster_Payment-Excel_Template.xlsx (1126 Downloads)
- 2 Guidelines-To_Convert_Excel_TO_CSV_V2.docx (443 Downloads)
- 3 00000034_06APR2020_1_SAMPLE.txt (491 Downloads)
- 4 Copy of Employers_Account_Information.xlsx (512 Downloads)
- 5 MOA UIF EMPLOYER.pdf (570 Downloads)
- 6 MOA B.pdf (303 Downloads)
- 7 MOA C.pdf (232 Downloads)
- 8 MOA D.pdf (256 Downloads)
- 9 Undertaking Letter COVID19 TERS.docx (574 Downloads)
- UIF Letter of Authority TERS 2020.doc (500 Downloads)
Latest from Gary Watkins
- RSM South Africa: Do you have a recovery plan?
- National Planning Commission on small business as spine of economic recovery and stimulation for post Coronavirus COVID-19 era
- Tourism Minister hosts a media briefing on Lockdown Alert Level 3
- Minister Mmamoloko Kubayi-Ngubane on Coronavirus COVID-19 alert level 3 tourism sector directions
- Consolidated COVID-19 Direction on Health and Safety in the Workplace Issued by the Minister in terms of Regulation 4(10) of the National Disaster Regulations