EEA5: Request for an undertaking in terms of Section 36 of the Act
PURPOSE OF THIS FORM
To obtain a written undertaking from the employer in terms of Section 36 to comply with the requirements of the Employment Equity Act, 55 of 1998, as amended.
WHO COMPLETES THIS FORM?
An employer, assisted by a labour inspector.
WHO RECEIVES THIS FORM?
This form goes to the inspector.
A labour inspector may request and obtain a written undertaking from a designated employer to comply with the provisions of Section 36 (1) within a specified period.
Failure to comply with this undertaking may result in the Director-General applying to the Labour Court, to make this undertaking, or any part thereof, an order of the Labour Court in terms of Section 36(2).
- Labour dept gets tough on Employment Equity Compliance
- JSE and 50 listed companies found to be in contravention of EE laws
- Department of Labour reminds employers and stakeholders about the looming dates of Employment Equity reporting
- Department of Labour refers six companies to Labour Court
- Labour Department mulls harsher punishment for non-compliance with employment equity laws