Regina Hartley: Why the best hire might not have the perfect resume
Given the choice between a job candidate with a perfect resume and one who has fought through difficulty, human resources executive Regina Hartley always gives the "Scrapper" a chance. As someone who grew up with adversity, Hartley knows that those who flourish in the darkest of spaces are empowered with the grit to persist in an ever-changing workplace. "Choose the underestimated contender, whose secret weapons are passion and purpose," she says. "Hire the Scrapper."
- The development of a talent management framework for the private sector
- Retention of women accountants: The interaction of job demands and job resources
- Facebook’s Amazing Talent Management Practices — and What You Must Learn From Them
- What is employee engagement and is it the Elephant in the Room?
- Chief Human Resources Officers Roundtable — HRO Today Forum 2014