What if your job didn’t control your life? Brazilian CEO Ricardo Semler practices a radical form of corporate democracy, rethinking everything from board meetings to how workers report their vacation days (they don’t have to). It’s a vision that rewards the wisdom of workers, promotes work-life balance — and leads to some deep insight on what work, and life, is really all about. Bonus question: What if schools were like this too?
Latest from Gary Watkins
- Collaborating for a Prosperous and Inclusive South Africa: The NDP
- SA needs inclusive growth - Professor Ricardo Hausmann, Director of Harvard University’s Centre for International Development at the Kennedy School of Government
- Endorsement of the national minimum wage by the Congress of South African Trade Unions (Cosatu)
- Agreement on the introduction of a national minimum wage
- Draft Code of Good Practice: Collective Bargaining, Industrial Action and Picketing