The overall aim of this workshop is to enhance your negotiation skills at the bargaining table. The emphasis of this two-day workshop is on the practical skills and knowledge needed by negotiators to enter into effective negotiations with trade unions.
The workshop facilitators are well versed in the art and skill of trade union negotiations, and have extensive experience in conducting wage negotiations with a variety of trade unions in different sectors. By attending this workshop you will gain extensive practical knowledge in conducting your own wage negotiations.
This workshop will focus on improving negotiation skills at the bargaining table. This collective bargaining workshop will offer training in the most important aspects of the negotiation process.
The following key issues will be addressed. Emphasis will be placed on the practical skills necessary to enter into effective negotiations with established trade unions:
- Legal framework of collective bargaining in terms of the Labour Relations Act 66 of 1995 as amended
- The Recognition and Procedural Agreement
- Bargaining Unit, identifying the constituency
- Meeting process, structuring the collective bargaining process
- Pitfalls and caveats
- Overview of the negotiation process
- Negotiation skill vs negotiating strength
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/gwdhmoih/public_html/templates/gk_news2/html/com_k2/templates/default/item.php on line 176
- Trade unions hold briefing on public sector wage negotiations
- Unions sign three-year wage agreement with Sasol
- Lullu Krugel discusses South Africa's latest inflation numbers
- Understand how primary labour legislation impacts on a business SAQA ID 13952
- Manage individual and team performance SAQA ID 11473
Latest from Gary Watkins
- Code of Good Practice: Collective Bargaining, Industrial Action and Picketing
- Regulations issued in terms of section 208 of the Labour Relations Act 66 of 1995 - Picketing Regulations
- Guidelines issued in terms of section 95(8)- Guidelines on registration of trade unions and employer organisations (2018)
- Guidelines on balloting for strikes or lockouts issued in terms of section 95 (9) of the LRA
- Rules for the conduct of proceedings before the CCMA w.e.f. 1 January 2019