This workshop will provide delegates with the information and processes that can be applied to
ensure a systematic and integrated approach to workforce planning. It defines fundamental steps to
develop and implement workforce plans as well as identifies tools available to assist managers and
leaders in the overall process.
Planning for human resource needs is one of the greatest challenges facing managers and leaders. In order to meet this challenge, a uniform process that provides a disciplined approach for matching human resources with the anticipated needs of the company is essential.
Workforce planning is a fundamental planning tool, critical to quality performance that will contribute to the achievement of objectives by providing a basis for justifying budget allocation and workload staffing levels and should be included as a key management activity.
Workforce and succession planning should be directly linked to broad-based management strategies that encompass several processes, including an organization's Aids/HIV strategy, EE workforce targets, talent management, WSP training needs, the BBBEE scorecard and future growth and acquisition strategy.
This workforce and succession planning workshop will assist you to meet your organization’s competency / skills needs and assist managers in creating a high quality workforce capable to meet the organization’s strategic goals.
- Workforce-, Succession – and Forecast Planning
- Setting a Human Resource Strategic Direction
- Generic steps towards Developing a Workforce Planning Model
- Analytical Tools, Strategies, Exercises, Checklists and Questionnaires
- Assess: Strategic and Technological Planning, Workforce Planning Readiness, Business & Staffing outlook, Diversity and Turnover Outlook
- Workforce Analysis and different Types of Assessments (workload-, competency- and skill-, costing-, gap and priority- , demand– and supply analysis)
- Human Resource Metrics for Workforce Analysis
- Documenting the Results of your Planning Efforts
- Developing Competency Profiles and Workforce Strategy
- Evaluate Workforce Planning and Human Resources Strategies
- Flagging of key positions and Talent Management
Who should attend?
· HR Managers & Practitioners
· Business Unit Managers / Departmental Managers
· Senior Management
- Understand how primary labour legislation impacts on a business SAQA ID 13952
- Manage individual and team performance SAQA ID 11473
- Use communication techniques effectively SAQA ID 12433
- Manage a diverse work force to add value SAQA ID 252043
- Build teams to achieve goals and objectives SAQA ID 252037
Latest from Gary Watkins
- National and Regional Economically Active Population - QLFS Q4 2018
- A Green Workplace: How HR Must Lead the "Go Green" Initiative
- Sustainable development and the workplace
- Code of Good Practice: Collective Bargaining, Industrial Action and Picketing
- Regulations issued in terms of section 208 of the Labour Relations Act 66 of 1995 - Picketing Regulations