The shift from traditional personnel management to human resource management has mirrored a growing realization by organizations of the important contribution that employees make within the organization and that by consolidating this contribution the organization can maximize strategic objectives.
This Introduction to Human Resource Management Workshop emphasizes the strategic role that human resource management plays within the modern day organization. In addition it outlines key functional human resources areas that can be introduced in any organization.
Introduction and Basic HR-
- Structures and purpose
- Responsibilities and line management.
- Why we need the EE act.
- EE Committees and responsibilities
- Amendment to Employment Equity Regulations Dec 2008
- Next generation of EE plans (moving beyond numerical targets to concrete actions)
- Linkages between EE, Workforce Planning and Skills Development
Recruitment and Selection
- Interview techniques (practical application)
- Types of questions
- Other selection tools
- Measurement of success
Induction and Orientation
- Why do we need it?
- How do we know if it is effective
- Ways to effectively communicate
- Examples and tools
Learning and Development
- Needs analysis
- In house vs External suppliers
- Skills Act
- Mentoring and coaching
- Adult learning
- What is performance management?
- What is a balance scorecard?
- How to have difficult conversations
- Effective performance management techniques
Labour Issues i.e. Disciplinary Actions and Grievance procedures
- Using the law as your guide
- Step by step guide to holding a disciplinary hearing
- Practical application
- What is a grievance and when are they effective?
- Discussion on case studies
- Overview of requirements for misconduct, performance, incapacity and grievances
- Recent Labour Court judgments (intoxication, medical certificates, Sidumo vs Rustenburg Platinum etc)
- Probationary evaluations
Workforce and Succession Planning – Taking HR into the future!
- Principles of workforce planning
- Workforce planning model
- DPSA requirements in re Workforce / Human Resource Planning
- Statistical data
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/gwdhmoih/public_html/templates/gk_news2/html/com_k2/templates/default/item.php on line 176
- Understand how primary labour legislation impacts on a business SAQA ID 13952
- Manage individual and team performance SAQA ID 11473
- Use communication techniques effectively SAQA ID 12433
- Manage a diverse work force to add value SAQA ID 252043
- Build teams to achieve goals and objectives SAQA ID 252037
Latest from Gary Watkins
- CCMA’S OPERATIONS DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
- RSM South Africa: Do you have a recovery plan?
- National Planning Commission on small business as spine of economic recovery and stimulation for post Coronavirus COVID-19 era
- Tourism Minister hosts a media briefing on Lockdown Alert Level 3
- Minister Mmamoloko Kubayi-Ngubane on Coronavirus COVID-19 alert level 3 tourism sector directions