The Objective of the game
The game seeks to improve the “cultural intelligence” of corporate employees by increasing awareness of their own culture and improving their understanding of others’ culture (valuing our differences, celebrating our commonalities), thus building better relationships, faster.
- Part of our Diversity Management training course (two days).
- A stand-along Diversity intervention (half day).
- Induction training.
- Can be used at events, end of year functions, team away days or conferences as a ‘get to know each other’ tool.
- Part of our Supervisory training programme.
- Gain awareness and knowledge of various SA cultures, language groups and religions, including Xhosa, Hindi, Muslim, Zulu, Sotho. English, Afrikaans, Jewish, Tswana and Rastafarian.
- Share personal beliefs and assumptions and learn about others’ points of view.
- Learn about personal positive and negative stereotypes one has of one’s own culture.
- Celebrate our commonalities - our dreams, wishes, hopes for South Africa and ourselves.
- Learn ways of “fitting in” to other South African significant cultural or religious functions and events.
- Relationship-building and improved co-operation through increased awareness.
- Diversity fatigue: why business still struggles to close the gender gapDiversity fatigue: why business still struggles to close the gender gap
- Diversity in the Workplace - Diversity Training for Team - The Cracked Pot
- Jedidah Isler: The untapped genius that could change science for the better
- Understand how primary labour legislation impacts on a business SAQA ID 13952
- Manage individual and team performance SAQA ID 11473
Latest from Gary Watkins
- National and Regional Economically Active Population - QLFS Q4 2018
- A Green Workplace: How HR Must Lead the "Go Green" Initiative
- Sustainable development and the workplace
- Code of Good Practice: Collective Bargaining, Industrial Action and Picketing
- Regulations issued in terms of section 208 of the Labour Relations Act 66 of 1995 - Picketing Regulations