Teams are an important foundation for successful organizations, and trainers who facilitate Teamwork: Building Better Teams as a training course will help business leaders create effective, motivated, productive teams. This courseware helps workplace leaders to understand the value of working in teams, how to develop team norms, ground rules, and contracts. They will also learn how to identify their own style as a part of the team, and how to leverage what they know in growing and leading their teams. In addition, they’ll learn the essentials of building trust, maturing the team, and critical communication skills.
This one-day workshop will help you teach participants:
- About the different kinds of teams
- How to develop team norms
- About the Gradients of Agreement
- How to identify their team player style
- Ways to become a better team player
- Ways to build team trust
- Two models of team development
Business owners, managers
- To get started, you will guide participants to define what a team is and what different kinds of teams there are. You will also have participants demonstrate synergy through a simple exercise.
Establishing Team Norms
- This session will look at some of the benefits and pitfalls of teams. We will also discuss establishing team norms: ground rules that a team can use to help them work together.
Working as a Team
- During this session, you will have participants look at a tool called the Gradients of Agreement. You will also discuss how it can help them interact with their teammates.
Glenn Parker Team Survey
- During this session, participants will complete a survey constructed by Glenn Parker, a business consultant who has done a great deal of research on teams. This survey will help participants identify their team player style. Participants will then work in small groups to discuss the strengths and weaknesses of their style.
Building Team Trust
- Trust is one of those mainstay virtues. It is the bond that allows any kind of significant relationship to exist between people. In small groups, participants will discuss some basic ways to establish and build trust on their team.
The Stages of Team Development
- Every group of people, whether they are a team or just a group working together, grows and evolves. We will spend this session looking at Tuckman and Jensen's four stages of team development: forming, storming, norming, and performing.
- Another way of looking at team development is the TORI model. Participants will experience this model through a fun exercise.
- If a team is going to succeed, they must be able to communicate well with each other. This session will cover some basic principles of communication.
Becoming a Good Team Player
- There are some skills that participants can develop to become better team players. In this session, we will discuss some Really Useful Attitudes and some Really Useless Attitudes.
Latest from Gary Watkins
- Assign Services (Pty) Limited V National Union of Metalworkers Union of South Africa And Others (Casual Workers Advice Office as Amicus Curiae)
- Strike Season 2018
- Migration: Economic Development In Africa, Report 2018 (UNCTAD)
- Busa: Busa says labour laws signals a new era of labour stability
- Employment Law Amendment Bills
Login to post comments