Coaching and Mentoring are essential skills for workplace supervisors and leaders. Coaching and Mentoring trainers will share how coaching is based on a partnership that involves giving both support and challenging opportunities to employees, while mentorship is a related skill that includes being a guide, offering wisdom and advice when it is needed.
Knowing how and when to coach (and when to use other tools, like mentoring) is an essential skill that can benefits everyone. This training course will help trainers teach participants:
• How coaching can be used to develop a team
• The coaching and mentoring skills that help improve individual performance
• The behaviours and practices of an effective coach
• How to recognize employees’ strengths and give them the feedback they need to succeed
• How to identify employee problems and ways that they can help correct them
A Leadership Skill
This one-day workshop will help you teach participants how to:
- Use coaching to develop their team
- Develop the coaching skills that help improve individual performance
- Demonstrate the behaviors and practices of an effective coach
- Recognize employees' strengths and give them the feedback they need to succeed
- Identify employee problems and ways you can help to correct them
Folks in a leadership position
- The first part of the morning will be spent exploring what coaching means (in general and to participants), reviewing coaching skills, and evaluating the pre-assignment.
Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Communicating well is a key aspect of successful coaching. During this session, participants will explore different communication skills and create an action plan.
- Joe Luft and Harry Ingraham developed the Johari windows concept, a way of looking at our self-awareness and our ability to ask feedback of others. This session will look at the window and examine how we can use it when coaching.
Critical Coaching Skills
- Participants will examine important coaching skills in small groups, including helping, mentoring, teaching, and challenging skills.
More on Communication
- This lecturette will examine two powerful, simple coaching tools: asking questions and listening.
Learning Styles and Principles
- We learn in three different ways: by seeing, by hearing, and by doing. In a large group discussion, participants will identify ways to incorporate these methods into coaching.
- During this session, we will examine a tool that coaches can use to help gain buy-in for change from employees.
Skills Involved in Coaching
- Participants will work in small groups to complete a mix-and-match exercise that will familiarize them with key coaching skills.
The Coaching Model
- This session will explore a four-step coaching model that can be applied to any situation.
- Feedback is an essential component of coaching. You will discuss types of feedback and offer some tips in lecture format during this session.
- To wrap up the day, participants will examine case studies and offer solutions.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/gwdhmoih/public_html/templates/gk_news2/html/com_k2/templates/default/item.php on line 176
Latest from Gary Watkins
- CCMA’S OPERATIONS DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
- RSM South Africa: Do you have a recovery plan?
- National Planning Commission on small business as spine of economic recovery and stimulation for post Coronavirus COVID-19 era
- Tourism Minister hosts a media briefing on Lockdown Alert Level 3
- Minister Mmamoloko Kubayi-Ngubane on Coronavirus COVID-19 alert level 3 tourism sector directions