Communication Strategies trainers will be able to teach the essential communication skills for success in life and work. One major goal of this training course is to help participants understand the impact that their communication skills have on other people, while they explore how improving these skills can make it easier for them to get along in the workplace, and in life.
This training course includes:
• Identification of common communication problems
• Developing skills to ask questions
• Learning what their non-verbal messages are saying
• Developing skills in listening actively and empathetically to others
• Enhancing the ability to handle difficult situations
• Dealing with situations assertively
This two-day workshop will help you teach participants how to:
- Identify common communication problems that may be holding them back
- Develop skills in asking questions
- Identify what their non-verbal messages are telling others
- Develop skills in listening actively and empathetically
- Enhance their ability to handle difficult situations
- Deal with situations assertively
The Ten Commandments of Positive Relationships
- During this session, participants will explore ten ways to build positive relationships, including using uplifting messages.
- Knowing your fears can help you address them. Participants will complete a self-confidence assessment and then the group will discuss fears and solutions.
- During this session, you will help participants identify their strengths and weaknesses through a personal exercise and a role-play.
- After a large group case study, participants will work in small groups to discuss barriers to communication. Participants will also complete a short exercise to illustrate how these barriers apply to everyday life.
- This session will examine questioning skills (including open questions, closed questions, and probing) through a lecture and a pairs exercise.
- Participants will work on their listening skills by participating in two quizzes and a role play. We have also provided two lectures for the trainer.
- To start the second day, participants will complete a list of the names of other participants. Then, the trainer can segue into a discussion on tips for remembering names.
- To begin this session, the trainer will talk about the idea of body language in a lecture. Then, participants will complete a small group exercise and a large group exercise to explore the concept further.
- The Johari Window is a way of looking at our self-awareness and our ability to ask feedback of others. We will look at the Johari Window in detail during this session.
- During this session, we will look at the things people determine from your appearance. Participants will explore this idea further using the pictures gathered from the pre-assignment. The session will conclude with a self-evaluation exercise.
Frame of Reference
- This session will explore our frame of reference and the assumptions that we make through a lecture, large group exercise, and group discussion.
Five Approaches to Relationships
- We will begin this topic with a short lecture. Then, participants will explore a particular approach of their choice in a small group. Next, each group will report their findings.
How we see ourselves has an impact on how we interact with others. Through lecture, case studies, and discussion, this session will investigate ways that participants can improve their self-image and thereby deal with difficult situations assertively and positively.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/gwdhmoih/public_html/templates/gk_news2/html/com_k2/templates/default/item.php on line 176
Latest from Gary Watkins
- CCMA’S OPERATIONS DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
- RSM South Africa: Do you have a recovery plan?
- National Planning Commission on small business as spine of economic recovery and stimulation for post Coronavirus COVID-19 era
- Tourism Minister hosts a media briefing on Lockdown Alert Level 3
- Minister Mmamoloko Kubayi-Ngubane on Coronavirus COVID-19 alert level 3 tourism sector directions