Basic HR for Line Managers
This workshop is not accredited.
The aim of this course is to provide managers and supervisors with some of the basic skills and knowledge required to be excellent at their roles of managing and motivating people.
During the course line managers will learn the most basic principles of HR and cover the following areas:
- Supervisory and Management Skills
- Legislation pertaining to HR
- The individual contract of employment
- The distinction between performance and conduct
- Requirements of Fairness
- Managing Employee Performance
- Managing Employee Conduct
- Interpersonal Skills
- Grievance Handling
- Conflict Handling and the very basics of IR
This Workshop is presented as an in-house workshop only.
- Understand how primary labour legislation impacts on a business SAQA ID 13952
- Manage individual and team performance SAQA ID 11473
- Use communication techniques effectively SAQA ID 12433
- Manage a diverse work force to add value SAQA ID 252043
- Build teams to achieve goals and objectives SAQA ID 252037