Employment Equity Awareness Outline
1. What is Employment Equity: an introduction?
1.1 Explaining Equity as a concept moral concept and Equity as a legal concept.
1.2 Reviewing the history of Employment Equity process in the country.
2. What does the Act say/What does the Act not say/Spirit of the Act
2.1 Discuss the legislation and review the main points of the Act (Employers obligations
2.2 Go into the typical stereotypes of Equity and touch on some of the softer points.
2.3 Living and breathing Equity in the workplace (Discussing the unintentional discrimina- tion and the influence of our culture, beliefs, education etc in the workplace. Focusing on diversity issues of certain culture e.g. extreme practices of certain cultures, not necessarily represented in the workforce).
2.4 Benefits of EE
3. The EE committee
3.1 What is an EE committee? - Representatives, election process etc.
3.2 What are the duties of the EE committee (Code of Good Practice - Assigning respon- sibility, Communication, Consultation, Analysis).
3.3 Why consultation and not negotiation?
4.1 Closing of session.
- Anger over anti-Indian quotas for Durban's top jobs
- 2017 EE online and manual reporting season
- Businesses owe R22m for employment-equity penalties
- DoL ends EE roadshows by stressing the need for compliance with legislation.
- Department of Labour reminds employers and stakeholders about the looming dates of Employment Equity reporting